Effective April 1, 2016, the UNC System implemented a new SHRA Performance Appraisal Policy to align performance management practices amongst the University of North Carolina System institutions. The SHRA Performance Appraisal Program places emphasis on both institutional goals and individual goals while streamlining the content of the performance plan, standardizing the categories for evaluation, increasing the accuracy and defensibility of performance ratings, and promoting effective communication between employees and supervisors. The policy and program applies to all SHRA probationary, time-limited and permanent, and career status employees. This policy does not apply to temporary employees. The University implemented the new SHRA Performance Appraisal Program effective April 1, 2017, for the 2017-2018 performance cycle.
Below you will find resources, including FAQs, which may prove helpful regarding the SHRA Performance Appraisal Program. If you have additional questions, please contact your departmental Human Resources Office or NC State’s Employee Relations team at (919) 515-6575 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The following link provides a detailed summary of key program changes: NC State SHRA Performance Appraisal Program Summary of Changes
- The following link provides the timeline/due date for each performance appraisal activity: 2017-2018 Performance Appraisal Cycle Timeline
- 2018-2019 SHRA Performance Appraisal Summary
- 2018-2019 Timeline for Performance Appraisal Activity
- 2018-2019 SHRA Performance Appraisal Program
Please download each form before completing.
The forms were intended to be templates and must be SAVED AS new documents to enter data into. 1) In Word document, double-click the grey area at the top to enter data because it is set up as a header to repeat on all pages. 2) When ready to complete the rest of the form, double-click below the header area to activate. 3) For PDF, open the form, and SAVE AS a new document. Open new saved document, click in a field to activate, and enter data.
- Institutional Goals
- Creating SMART Individual Goals
- Distinctions Within Rating Scale
- Types of Rater Bias
- Sample Completed Form Business Services Coordinator
- Sample Completed Form HR Consultant
- Sample Completed Form Social-Clinical Research Specialist
- SHRA Employee Grievance Policy
- SHRA Performance Appraisal Policy
Registration for both instructor-led training and online training will be processed through the new online registration system, REPORTER. Please use our Reporter Help Documentation for assistance in navigating REPORTER.
- SHRA Performance Appraisal Program Supervisor Training
- SHRA Performance Appraisal Program Employee Training
Submit Questions or Comments